Whether you prefer to “glisten,” or be drenched in sweat, these gym bag essentials will keep you focused on your workout and fit from the inside out.
Warm Up & Energize Muscles
- The Stick
- MELT Method
- dōTERRA Peppermint essential oil
- dōTERRA Wild Orange essential oil
- dōTERRA Deep Blue Rub
Maximize Your Recovery
Performance Tracking & Conditioning
- Fitness tracker or smart watch
- Training diary to track heart rate or perceived effort during workouts
- Movement screening
- Pilates or Yoga
Rest, Repair & Rebuild
- dōTERRA Diffuser
- dōTERRA Serenity essential oil
- dōTERRA Cedarwood essential oil
- dōTERRA Lavender essential oil
Immunity & Vitality
Focus & Uplifting
Overall Energy, Cellular Repair & Reduced Inflammation
- dōTERRA Lifelong Vitality Packs
- dōTERRA Frankincense essential oil
- Supplemental support for oxidative stress
- Proper socks (such as Voxx) and appropriate shoes
- Antibacterial and antifungal defense:
- Make an antifungal foot roll-on or spray by combining 35 drops dōTERRA Melaleuca essential oil with 8 drops dōTERRA Lavender essential oil in a glass roller bottle or spray bottle, and apply topically to affected areas between the toes and around toenails. You can also spray shower sandals and tennis shoes to eliminate odors and prevent bacteria from growing.
- Hydrate with an electrolyte drink such as Metagenics Endura
- Apply dōTERRA Peppermint essential oil to the back of the neck.
- Use ice to cool the body down (armpits & groin).
- Change out of wet clothes.
- Get in the shade.
- Prevent overexposure with sunscreen before and during workouts.
- To soothe burns:
- Add 20 drops each of dōTERRA Lavender essential oil (soothing, healing) and dōTERRA Peppermint essential oil (cooling) to a 2 ounce spray bottle. Fill the remainder with either water or fractionated coconut oil. Shake and apply as soon as possible to the sunburned area. Repeat every 2 hours as needed.
- Continue healing with a blend of 1 ounce fractionated coconut oil and 20 drops each of dōTERRA Lavender essential oil and dōTERRA Frankincense essential oil sprayed or applied directly 2 to 4 times daily. If there is any blistering, add 20 drops of dōTERRA Melaleuca essential oil to the mixture to prevent any infection from open sores.
Injury Prevention & Management
Don’t let a less-than-average gym bag prevent you from being focused and fit! Stock up on performance & recovery essentials like those listed above. Care for more customized recommendations and assistance? Seek advisement with our athletic performance and recovery specialists, and let us guide you with the most effective practices. We offer a wellness-focused & supportive environment that can help you achieve your goals. Be sure to check our social media and blog updates for regular wellness inspiration, information, offers and support.
The Back 2 Normal blog is an educational resource written by Back 2 Normal employees and professional associates. Back 2 Normal bloggers are professionals who abide by the code of ethics outlined by their respective professional associations. The content published in blog posts represents the opinion of the individual author based on their expertise and experience. The content provided in this blog is for informational purposes only, does not constitute medical advice and should not be relied on for making personal health decisions.