what to expect
Back 2 Normal is not a traditional yoga studio, our specialty is on rehabilitation and therapeutic interventions that assist clients who are recovering from an injury or illness. Our sessions are designed to address the foundational causes of your pain including: restrictions in range of motion, muscle imbalances, lack of joint space, weakness of supportive muscles along the spine and joints and mind body connection. With certain injuries, there are many styles and postures in Yoga that should be avoided or modified in order to prevent further injury, maximize healing and restore balance in the body.
Our yoga philosophy is centered around self-care, balance and mindfulness. Self-care is a multifaceted system of tools, uniquely applied to each individual, which move us in the direction of growth, compassion, an uplifted sense of wellbeing and improved life management skills. Our sessions focus on a one-on-one restorative approach that uses breath work, props and deep sustained postures to help ease the body into a more relaxed state, helping to relieve stress, decrease pain and restore balance to the mind and the physical body. Key components of every session include breath work, challenge and growth, form before depth, balance, checking in, flexibility, strengthening and mindfulness.
who would benefit?
Anyone can participate in yoga or meditation. Yoga is for the individual who is ready and willing to move towards a balanced lifestyle. No age limits apply and all body types are welcome. We welcome and encourage you to come in to each session with a fresh pair of eyes and an open heart. No prior yoga experience required.
- Accelerate healing & recovery
- Improve athletic performance, mental focus, result outcomes & recovery
- Improve mental clarity, have more effective communication, and produce better outcomes for busy professionals & executives
- Integrate self-care strategies to enhance everyday living, and improve ability to deal with daily stress & multiple tasks
- Manage feelings of overwhelm & stress, and be better able to manage daily challenges
- Enhance weight loss & detoxification to maximize results
- Improve flexibility & balance
is a gentle, calming and therapeutic practice that uses breath work, props and deep sustained postures to help ease the body into a more relaxed state, helping to relieve stress and restore balance to the mind and the physical body.
This is a great compliment to any rehabilitation program for injury recovery or wellness program to enhance flexibility, performance and fitness. It is appropriate for anyone seeking deep restorative work to improve range of motion and joint mobility, sports recovery, reduced pain and reduce the effects of stress and anxiety. Restorative yoga is great for low back and hip pain, sciatic nerve issues, and neck and shoulder tension.
is the most widely practiced form of yoga in America. It is the branch of yoga which concentrates on physical health and mental well-being. Hatha yoga uses bodily postures (asanas), breathing techniques (pranayama), and meditation (dyana) with the goal of bringing about a sound, healthy body and a clear, peaceful mind. There are nearly 200 hatha yoga postures, with hundreds of variations, which work to make the spine supple and to promote circulation in all the organs, glands, and tissues. Hatha yoga postures also stretch and align the body, promoting balance and flexibility.
is the act of finding balance in the present and in the Self. When your mind is in the present, you generally have a very calm and alert awareness and a greater sense of clarity. In meditation, we are not attempting to eliminate our thoughts, but rather mindfully navigate and direct them with purpose. The selective power of focus, stillness and breath work combine to scale us out from our daily lives and into our true nature.
Meditation can have a profound effect on the mind and the physical body. There is a strong correlation between pain in the body and stress in the mind. Moving ourselves toward a calmer, more relaxed and centered place will help to decrease our stress and anxieties, helping the body move away from the pain state.
Through meditation, we are looking to redirect, balance and correct patterns of learned behaviors that do not serve us – moving us to a more aligned state using breath work, release, self-care and mindfulness. Meditation is great for the active individual who needs to recalibrate and de-stress, those in chronic pain, and those looking to gain clarity, balance and a sense of stillness in their lives.
Benefits of Meditation
- Lowers high blood pressure
- Lowers the levels of blood lactate, reducing anxiety attacks
- Decreases any tension-related pain, such as, tension headaches, ulcers, insomnia, muscle & joint problems
- Increases serotonin production that improves mood & behavior
- Improves the immune system
- Increases the energy level
- Decreases cortisol levels
- Promotes healing of the body
- Eases anxiety & depression, and improves emotional stability
- Improves clarity & peace of mind
- Sharpens the mind by gaining focus & expands through relaxation
- Improved athletic performance & recovery