self-repair with micro-current technology
Studies have revealed that micro-current therapy helps in restoring metabolic processes that are responsible for healing. It regulates the energy levels of the body by promoting ATP (adenosine triphosphate) production, which is the major energy fuel for all the biochemical reactions. As the energy level increases, the body’s ability to remove metabolic wastes via active transport is enhanced, hence preventing accumulation of toxic substances.
The same process takes place in injured cells, which in turn, enhances distribution, blood circulation and removal of wastes. This way, new healthy cells replace the injured ones. The body after receiving micro-current therapy also stimulates protein synthesis, ion exchange and maintains neuromuscular systems. In such a condition, the body restores its enzymatic activities and their corresponding metabolic processes.
Micro-current therapy also promotes the glycogen utilization by the muscle cells. Overall, the normal functioning of the body’s cells and tissues are restored. Micro-current therapy is more effective than other electrotherapy procedures. In this technique, the current is so small that there is no tissue resistance, which is observed in case of electrotherapy.
Studies & research show the following possible benefits of micro-current therapy:
- Improved circulation
- Reduction in tendon & ligament recovery time
- Nerve repair & healing
- Stimulating lymph circulation
- Elimination or reduction of wastes & toxins
- Increased ATP production up to 500% (ATP=adenosine triphosphate)
- Improved circulation & nutrition to joints
- Pain relief
- Soft tissue healing
- Wound healing
- Edema reduction
what you need to know
- Stimulates Self Healing – At Back 2 Normal we want to get you back to the activities you love as quickly and safely as possible. As part of your treatment plan we encourage home strategies to facilitate self healing and cellular repair. A portable unit is available through Back 2 Normal that is easy to use and can be stored in your pocket, purse or sports bag. It can attach to standard adhesive electrodes or various conductive cloth garments to treat all different body parts to empower your body to heal.
- Speed Recovery. Micro-current therapy devices are easy-to-use and effective tools to have at your disposal to decrease your recovery time. For the best recovery, it is recommended to use micro-current in conjunction with comprehensive treatment methods.
- Professional Athletes & Micro-current has been used since the 1980s to help professional and college athletes get back in the game after an injury. In 1986, the University of Texas Women’s Track and Field team became the first major university athletic program to use micro-current stimulation therapy. That same year, in preparation for the 1986 season the NFL Players Association began studying the use of micro-current therapy for treating and rehabilitating athletes who had traumatic and chronic injuries.