Astym is safe, non-invasive, effective and one of the most researched treatments available. It is unmatched in its ability to resolve tendinopathies, scar tissue problems, and other soft tissue dysfunctions. Doctors regularly prescribe Astym treatment to their patients, as an alternative to surgery, injections or other invasive treatments.
- Short treatment course: A typical course of treatment lasts only four to six weeks (8-10 visits).
- You get to stay active: During Astym therapy you are typically encouraged to continue most normal activities.
- It really fixes the problem: Astym treatment doesn’t just treat the symptoms or hide a problem with a temporary solution. Instead, the Astym targets the problem and stimulates the body to regenerate and remodel tissues. Response rates to Astym therapy are high, and most patients experience improvement.
- Certified providers: Only certified Astym therapists offer this therapy. These certified clinicians undergo intensive training to give you the results you expect from Astym treatment.
- Research: Astym treatment was researched and developed by a skilled team of medical professionals, scientists, universities, and large hospital systems and has consistently shown extraordinary clinical success. Learn more by visiting astym.com.
what they’re saying
Hear what Back 2 Normal Clients are saying about Astym Therapy.
Swinging for Success! “Within two treatments, I had my full range of motion back in my thoracic spine, as well as…”
– Emma de Groot
Plantar Fasciitis Relief! “I noticed a difference immediately after each treatment and after several weeks, my foot is almost 100%.”
– Carol Thorton
Patellar Tendonitis No More! “I awoke with ZERO detectable pain. After ONE treatment!”
– Jonathon Childs
Runner, B2N Client
what can you expect?
First, they stimulate: An Astym-certified therapist will conduct a thorough evaluation, and then follow specific treatment parameters to initiate a regenerative process that encourages the resorption of scar tissue and the regeneration of damaged soft tissues. Instruments are run firmly along your skin, following the direction of the muscle, tendon or ligament. You will feel bumps as the instrument moves along your skin. These bumps indicate defective or damaged soft tissue. The first couple of treatments may range from being only slightly noticeable to mildly uncomfortable. As your body heals, those bumps will decrease and the area around your injury will smooth out nicely, indicating healing. There also may be some mild bruising and soreness in the area being treated. That is one indication that the body is hard at work, absorbing the old dysfunctional tissue and laying down healthy new tissue. Most patients typically experience a decrease in pain with an increase in movement within the first 3-4 treatments.
Then you stretch and strengthen: It’s up to you to guide how your body heals. Your therapist will give you a customized stretching and strengthening program designed to encourage your body to maximize the strength and agility of soft tissue. Stretching tells the new fibers to line up properly, in nice parallel lines, and strengthening makes them stronger.
Download the HOME INSTRUCTIONS FOR PATIENTS RECEIVING ASTYM® TREATMENT here.
expect excellent clinical results for:
- Chronic tendinopathy
- Joint & muscle stiffness
- Sprains & strains
- Conditions resulting from dysfunctional scar tissue or fibrosis
- Achilles Tendinopathy
- Anterior & Posterior Tibialis Tendinopathy
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Chronic Ankle Pain & Stiffness
- Chronic Wrist Pain & Stiffness
- DeQuervain’s Tenosynovitis
- Golfer’s Elbow
- Hamstring Strain
- IT Band Syndrome
- Jumper’s Knee
- Trochanteric Bursitis
- Lateral Epicondylopathy
- Low Back Pain (nonradicular)
- Medial Epicondylopathy
- Patellar Tendinopathy
- Plantar Fasciopathy
- Post-Mastectomy Scarring
- Post-Surgical Scarring/Fibrosis
- Rotator Cuff Tendinopathy
- Scar Tissue/Fibrosis
- Tennis Elbow