“A good stance and posture reflect a proper state of mind.”
Posture is the result of repetitive functional patterning within multiple systems of the body. The patterns we create in the body affect our ability to breathe, our range of motion, and to rest symmetrically. Repetitive and faulty movements create misalignment and imbalances often being the root cause for pain and mobility problems. Back 2 Normal Postural Restoration program examines posture for multiple systems within the body. Our method combines several forms of therapeutic modalities including the MELT Method, Pilates, Core and Corrective Exercises in order to create a strong and comprehensive structural foundation. At Back 2 Normal PT you will get a customized package to improve your unique body’s postural features. Learn to work with your body and get your body working as one system for results you will notice in just 3 visits.
Benefits of improving your posture:
- Improve joint mobility and functioning
- Easier to breathe and to concentrate
- Decreases compensations, recurrent strains, muscle and joint stiffness
- Aides in digestion
- Reduce and even eliminate pain and inflammation
- Improve athletic and work performance
Who will benefit from improving posture?
Everyone! Improving posture will benefit each person to get their bodies functioning more efficiently. Whether you are in pain, an athlete, or have musculoskeletal issues this program is worth investing in you. Posture affects everyone as we age, those with sedentary lifestyles, jobs where sitting is the dominant position, those with repetitive movements and anyone in pain.
- Back and Neck Pain. Degenerative Disk Disease, Herniated and Bulging Disc and spinal stenosis are just a few diagnoses you may have heard can cause neck and low back pain. Often these are the result of muscle and postural imbalances that over time put recurrent stress on the joints and discs causing them to degenerate over time. Learn to relieve pain and manage your symptoms as you get your body in balance. Regain spinal mobility, stand taller and learn how to eliminate chronic pain while improving your posture.
- Osteoporosis/Osteopenia: Improve your bone density and strengthen your muscles for more structural support. You will learn how to do your core and corrective exercises without any pain. Avoid becoming frail and start reversing symptoms today!
- Lordosis (swayback): Excessive inward curvature of the spine combined with muscular imbalances can cause major discomfort in the low back. Rebalance your body’s center of gravity, your muscles, and restore your spinal structure to instantly reduce pain and breathe easier.
- Kyphosis (hunchback): Learn and correct your body’s excessive upper back forward curvature and get tension out of the shoulders. Bringing the torso upright will help open your chest allowing for easier and fuller breaths, decrease neck and shoulder pain, and reduce headaches.
- Scoliosis (lateral spinal curvature): Whether it’s structural or functional you will notice an improvement in your first visit. Learn the tools to improve your comfort, improve muscles balances, and lengthen the 3 curvatures of your spines.
- Scapula/Pelvic Disparities: Stabilize your pelvic and/or shoulder girdles to improve overall functioning within your body. You will experience less pain, improved balance, and taller stance within 1 visit. Disparities include unstable shoulder girdle, dysfunctional shoulder blades, unstable pelvis, SI dysfunction and more.
- Tendonitis: Reduce inflammation and break free from the cycle of flare-ups. Learn how different posture techniques like corrective exercises and treatments can make a world of difference.
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome: Relieve your pain and learn to manage your carpal tunnel without surgery. You will be given and taught a series of hand, neck and upper back treatments to combat and prevent your carpal tunnel from getting aggravated.
- Plantar Fasciitis: Treat your pain and prevent reoccurring flare ups by patterning the myofascial lines and rebalancing your body.
- Bunions: Poor posture can cause excess pressure to your toes as well as achy bunions and feet can cause poor posture. Learn how to realign your toes and develop underutilized muscles to get your feet functioning properly again. This treatment will improve the way your whole body feels.
- Parkinson’s: Stand taller and get better control of your center of gravity. Improving your posture will help manage your current symptoms and keep you pain free.
- Multiple Sclerosis: Relieve aches and reduce numbness.
- Cerebral Palsy: Improve your body sense, rebalance, and realign your body for more control than you thought possible.